- 1.50 creamy peanut butter
- 0.50 butter
- 0.50 sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.50 milk chocolate chips
- 0.50 vegetable shortening
- 1 to taste toothpicks
- 1 to taste wax paper
How to make Ohio Buckeye Peanut Butter & Chocolate Candy
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls, inserting 1 toothpick in top center.
- Refridgerate balls for at least 2 hours.
- Over low heat, melt shortening with chocolate chips until smooth.
- Dip each peanut butter ball into chocolate leaving small uncoated top area (resembling a buckeye).
- Cool on wax paper and refridgerate (or freeze) for additional 2 hours before serving.
(Courtesy of Food.com)