Made this? How was it?
- 18 cinnamon graham cheese biscuit, broken up
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 (400g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 60ml fresh squeezed lime juice
- 60ml fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 lime, zested
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Special equipment: 20cm springform pan, food processor, stand mixer
How to make Orange Lime Pie with Meringue Topping
Preheat oven to 180°C, with the rack in the middle of the oven. In a food processor, pulse crackers until crumbly. Slowly drizzle in butter while pulsing until crumbs are moist but still crumbly. Press mixture into a springform pan using the bottom of a measuring. Make sure the crust goes at least 2.5cm up the sides. Set aside.
In a medium bowltogether egg yolks, milk, lime and orange juices and zests. Pour into crust and bake until pie sets, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Preheat the grill. In a stand mixer fitted with theattachment, egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Slowly add sugar until meringue turns glossy. Increase the speed and continue until meringue holds medium soft peaks. Top pie decoratively with meringue. Broil in the middle of the oven until meringue begins to brown on the top, about three minutes.