Made this? How was it?
- 1.25kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks or thin
- 15ml oil, extra-virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 smoky bacon, finely
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- Chicken stock, as needed
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- A few dashes hot sauce, to taste
How to make Orange scented mashed sweet potatoes
1) Put the potatoes in a medium pot, cover with water, salt the water and bring to boil over medium heat. Cook until tender, then drain and return the potatoes to the pot.
2) Heat a little oil over medium heat, in a medium saute pan and add the bacon and cook until it begins to crisp. Stir in the orange zest and juice and the potatoes. to desired consistency with some chicken stock to thin the potatoes, if desired. Stir in the coriander, cumin, cinnamon and hot sauce.
3) Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
- Mashed potato skins
- Garlic mashed potatoes with spinach...
- Sweet onion potatoes au gratin
- Paprika parsley potatoes
- Potato salad Fra Diavolo
- Mashed sweet potatoes, pork chop wi...
- Mum's potato salad with pimento and...
- Roasted beans and tomatoes
- The definitive mashed potato with r...
- Buttermilk mashed potatoes
- Maris piper potatoes: Jacques Pepin...
- Red wine rice with grapes