1. Beat together the butter and sugar.
2. Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract, flour and coffee.
3. Divide the mixture between two oiled and lined 20cm / 8”round tins.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/Fan 160°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Cool the sponge layers on a wire rack.
6. Spread chocolate spread on one sponge layer and place the second sponge layer on top.
7. Whip the cream until thick.
8. Stir in the coffee granules and half of the chocolate flakes.
9. Spread the topping over cake.
10. Scatter the remaining chocolate flakes on top.
For more inspiration and tips visit the Organic UK Facebook page.