1. Whisk butter and sugar until creamy.
2. Stir in almond powder, then the eggs.
3. Leave the mixture to set in the fridge and remove 10 minutes before using.
4. Cut a large rectangle of the pastry, fold in 1cm border along the edge and prick the pastry all over with a fork.
5. Spread the almond cream to cover the base.
6. Peel and slice pears into about 3mm thick slices and alternate layers.
7. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with the demerara.
8. Bake in oven in 180°C for about 30 minutes until pastry is crispy and golden and the pears are cooked.
9. Serve with organic crème fraîche.
For more inspiration and tips visit the Organic UK Facebook page.