Made this? How was it?
For the cupcakes:
- 340g plain flour, plus extra for dusting pan
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 115g unsalted , at room temperature, plus extra for greasing pan
- 170g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 115ml whole milk
- 60ml cajeta (cajeta is a Mexican caramel sauce made from goats milk that can be found in Latin markets. If unavailable, use a rich dark caramel sauce)
For the Mexican Vanilla Buttercream:
- 650g sugar
- 225g unsalted , at room temperature
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Mexican crema or sour cream, plus extra as needed
How to make Out-of-this-world cajeta-filled cupcakes
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2) and flour a 12-cup muffin pan, or use paper cases. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and three-quarters of a teaspoon of salt.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar and until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time then beat in the vanilla extract. With mixer on low, beat in the flour mixture in two parts, alternating with milk.
4) Divide the batter among the prepared muffin . Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan for five minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5) Using a paring knife, cut a 2cm deep piece from the top of each cupcake. Save the cut pieces. Fill each hole with one teaspoon of cajeta and replace the cut out pieces. the cupcakes with Mexican vanilla buttercream .
6) For the : using an electric mixer on low speed, beat the and sugar until smooth. Add the salt, vanilla extract and crema. Increase the speed to high and beat until fluffy, about three minutes, adding extra Mexican crema, as needed, to make the spreadable.
- Oaxaca fudge bars with cashew-crumb...
- 24 karrot gold cupcakes
- Chilli chocolate cupcakes
- Pink grapefruit rosewater cupcakes ...
- White Russian cupcake
- Filled Banoffee Cupcakes
- Chocolate port cupcakes
- Spicy double dark chocolate cupcake...
- Nostalgic popping candy cupcakes
- Lemon blueberry cupcakes
- Apple nutmeg pine nut cakes with br...
- Wheat Free Chocolate Orange Cupcake...