Made this? How was it?
For the marinade:
- 240ml buttermilk
- 120ml unflavoured yogurt
- 2 tsps spicy brown mustard
- 2 tsps hot sauce (recommended: Louisiana)
- 2 tsps dried tarragon, 1 tsp , if fresh
- 2 tsps paprika
- 2 tsps salt
- 1 (1.125kg) chicken, cut into serving pieces, or 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
For the breading:
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 plain flour
- 1/2 plain oats
How to make Oven-fried chicken
1) Make the marinade by mixing together the buttermilk, yoghurt, mustard, hot sauce, tarragon, paprika and salt in a small bowl. Put the chicken in a heavy resealable plastic bag or a baking pan large enough to hold the pieces in one layer, and pour the buttermilk over it. Seal the bag or cover the pan with clingfilm and marinate in the refrigerator for about 8 hours.
2) Preheat the oven to 230C/Gas 8.
3) Grease a baking pan large enough to hold the chicken pieces in one layer.
4) Place the flour and oatmeal in a brown paper bag. One piece at a time, place the chicken in the bag and shake until coated. Place the pieces skin side down in the prepared baking dish. Continue until all the pieces are covered in the flour mixture. Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is golden brown.
- Paula's chicken nuggets
- Southern fried chicken
- Oven-fried chicken
- Grandmother Paul's fried chicken
- Paula's baked ham and cheese chicke...
- Chicken stuffed with prosciutto and...
- Deep-fried savoury chicken pie
- Oven fried chicken
- Lady and Sons' chicken in wine sauc...
- Chicken and rice casserole
- Roasted turkey with maple cranberry...
- Marrakesh chicken