For the wild mushroom broken spaghetti risotto with rocket and hazelnuts
1 package dried mixed wild mushrooms or porcini mushrooms
1 litre chicken stock
Try Knorr Stock Pots
Add depth of flavour to an array of slow-cooked meals with Knorr Stock Pots. Available in a range of flavours, from Chicken to Beef and Vegetable to Herb Infusion, these stock pots are quick and easy to use, melting in minutes.
2) Season chicken with salt and pepper, top each tender with 2 leaves of sage. Wrap each tender with a slice of ham. Coat the tenders liberally in olive oil, a couple of tablespoons.
3) Arrange meat on baking sheet on parchment paper and bake until crispy and firm, 10 to 12 minutes.
4) To serve, slice meat on bias and pile on wild mushroom broken spaghetti risotto with rocket and hazelnuts (recipe follows).
5) Alternatively, skewer the tenders and serve with lemon wedges on a plate as first or second course.
For the wild mushroom broken spaghetti risotto with rocket and hazelnuts:
1) Place mushrooms, stock and water in a sauce pot and heat, keep warm on low.
Heat a medium saute pan or risotto pan with 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan, over medium to medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic to pan, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and saute until tender 4 to 5 minutes. Add pasta and toast until deeply golden in color and very nutty in fragrance, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in wine and let it cook away, 1 minute. Ladle in stock every few minutes, stirring for a good minute with each addition of stock to develop starches. Evaporate almost all of the liquid before each addition of stock. Pasta will cook up quicker then rice. Start tasting after about 8 to 9 minutes of cooking time once you begin to add stock. When you are down to the last cup of your liquids, remove mushrooms, chop and add to pasta.
3) While the pasta cooks, toast hazelnuts in a skillet until fragrant. Peel nuts by rubbing the skins off in a clean kitchen towel.
4) When pasta is cooked to al dente, stir butter into the pan then stir in the cheese.
5) Dress rocket with lemon juice, a drizzle olive oil, and salt and pepper, to taste.
6) Serve risotto in shallow bowls topped with greens and nuts and oven roasted chicken tenders saltimbocca.