Made this? How was it?
- 4 whole leeks, white part only, roots trimmed and cut into rings
- 2 tbsp unsalted
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Leaves from 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 900g crumbled cornbread, store-bought
- 225ml chicken stock
- 2 boneless turkey breasts
How to make Oven-roasted turkey breast with leeks and cornbread stuffing
1. Preheat oven to 200°C / gas mark 6.
2. Fill a large bowl with water and add the leeks, swish around with your hands to get the sand out from in between the layers. In a large saute pan over medium heat, add one tablespoon each ofand olive oil. Add the leeks, sprinkle with the thyme, salt and pepper and cook for about ten minutes, turning every now and then, until the leeks are softened but not colored. Remove the leeks from heat to cool.
3. In a large bowl combine the leeks, cornbread, and chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
4. Use a sharp, thin knife to cut down the length of the turkey cutting the breast parallel to the board, almost in half just stopping short of the outside edge. Open out the two halves as if you were opening a book. Now you've got a large piece of meat that will cook evenly and is thin enough to roll. Place 300g of the stuffing inside each of the breasts and then fold the turkey back over.
5. Place the remaining stuffing in a small baking dish and cook alongside the turkey.
6. Tie in four places with kitchen twine and season with salt and pepper.
7. Heat the remaining tablespoon ofand olive oil in a roasting pan over medium-high heat. Put the turkey in the roasting pan and sear all over. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for about 25 minutes (internal temperature should reach 70°C on an instant-read thermometer). Take the turkey out of the oven and let it rest for five to ten minutes, then cut crossways into .
- Stuffed turkey breast
- Roasted turkey gravy
- Turkey Roulade with Cranberry-Apric...
- Oven-Roasted Chicken Wings
- Roasted turkey fillet with new pota...
- Thanksgiving Oven-Roasted Vegetable...
- Duck stuffed with apples
- Roasted turkey with maple cranberry...
- Cornish game hens with cornbread st...
- Couscous-stuffed chicken breast wit...
- Roast Turkey with Orange and Smoky....