2. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface; knead by hand about 30 seconds. Lightly oil a large bowl. Transfer the dough to the bowl, lightly oil the top of the dough, cover and let double in volume, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
3. For the filling: Combine the 225g of sugar, lemon zest, fresh ginger, the 2 tablespoons candied ginger and the 150g flour in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined. Set aside until ready to use.
4. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 30 by 40cm rectangle. Brush the 28g of melted butter onto the dough and sprinkle the filling over the dough; press the filling lightly so it sticks to the dough. Beginning with the long edge nearest you, roll the dough into a tight cylinder. Brush the beaten egg along the edge for a secure seal. Firmly pinch the seam to seal and roll cylinder seam side down. Brush the 2 ends with a little of the beaten egg and bring together to shape into a ring and firmly press together. Place on the baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 16 hours.
5. Remove the ring from the refrigerator, remove the plastic wrap and snip the top with scissors every 2 inches. Place in an oven that is turned off. Fill a shallow pan 2/3 full of boiling water and set on the rack below the ring. Close the oven door and let the dough rise until the ring looks slightly puffy, approximately 30 minutes. Remove the ring and the shallow pan of water from the oven.
6. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
7. When the oven is ready, place the ring on the middle rack and bake until golden brown, or until the internal temperature reaches 90C on an instant-read thermometer, approximately 30 minutes.
8. While the ring is baking, make the glaze by combining the jam, 30g candied ginger, and the water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Stir and cook until the jam is melted and well mixed with the water, about 3 to 5 minutes. Continue to simmer until reduced and thickened slightly, about 3 to 5 minutes. Brush over the warm ring. Serve immediately.