1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 155F/68C.
2. Position a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch in a baggy rack. (If you don’t have a baggy rack, you can always ask someone to hold the bag open while you pour in the contents.)
3. Pour the oatmeal, water, salt and cinnamon into the zip-closure cooking pouch, and use the displacement method to remove the air and zip the seal closed.
4. Submerge the sealed pouch in the water bath.
5. Position a (quart/0.95 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch in a baggy rack and pour in the dried fruit, sugar, water, vanilla, orange and lemon zest. Use the displacement method to remove the air and zip the seal closed.
6. Submerge the pouch in the water bath alongside the oatmeal.
7. Six to ten hours later, remove the pouches from the water bath. Give the oatmeal pouch a quick shake and pour straight into two bowls.
8. Open the pouch with the stewed fruit, spoon the fruit compote on top of the oatmeal and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of SousVide Supreme