2) Separate about half the spring onions, and put them with the slivered chilli and the rest of the coriander to garnish the omelette at the end.
3) Dredge the oysters in the rice flour and set aside.
4) Heat the oil in a well-seasoned wok. When it's hot, throw in the oysters. Cook for about a minute, then pour in the egg. Add the bean sprouts and half the spring onions.
5) Cook the eggs until you have a scrambled omelette. Their texture should be just firm.
6) Turn out onto a plate and garnish with the remaining spring onion, coriander leaves and the chilli.
Serve at once.
Recipe by Kay Plunkett-Hogge as part of the Senses of Thailand promotion at Selfridges.