Made this? How was it?
- 3 ready-made sweet paan
- 200ml whole milk
- 600ml double cream
- 425g custard
- 250g sugar
- Green food colour
For the Rose Syrup:
- 3 tbsp rose petal paste
- 200ml water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Pink food colour
How to make Paan ice cream
1) Place the rose petal paste, water and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce until thick and syrupy. Add the pink food colour.
2) In a separate pan, slightly warm the milk and add the paan leaves, with the inside filling removed and set aside for later. Allow to cool anduntil smooth.
3) In a mixer,the cream with sugar until slightly thickened to a sauce consistency. Slowly add the custard, milk and a small amount of green food colouring until a light pistachio colour. Add 3 to 5 tablespoons of the paan filling and stir.
4) Pour the slightly thick mixture into a large plastic container and cover. Place into the freezer,from time to time to break up the ice crystals. Do this three to four times until the mixture is frozen. After the last , swirl in the rose syrup to create a ripple effect. Freeze completely. Alternatively, you can use an ice cream machine.
- Saffron and lemon Shrikhand doughnu...
- Cashew Nut and White Chocolate Fudg...
- Smoked Aubergine and Pea Curry
- Spicy spinach lasagne
- Pau bhaji
- Rhubarb and star anise chutney
- Sesame chilli vermicelli
- Vegetarian Tandoori Kebabs
- Aloo Paratha
- Milk Chocolate and Raspberry Puddin...
- Mini masala dosa
- Medu vada (South Indian lentil doug...