2) Simmer until well blended. Allow to cool slightly before using.
For the chicken burgers:
1) Heat an outdoor barbeque to medium-high or an indoor griddle to 170C.
2) Mix the chicken, fish sauce, garlic, shallots, sugar, tamarind, garlic chives and salt in a bowl. Shape into 4 patties.
3) Grill the burgers approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear when pierced.
4) Place each burger on a sesame seed bun and garnish with Chinese cabbage and bean sprouts.
5) Spread a little peanut sauce on each bun and serve.