Serves: 48 pancakes
1. Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 95°C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to whip 1 stick (1/2 cup) of the butter and the cream cheese together until smooth.
3. On low speed, gradually add the confectioners' sugar and ground cinnamon and whip until well combined. Add the maple syrup and whip until light and fluffy. Cover with plastic wrap and reserve.
4. Make the pancake batter according to the package directions.
5. Heat an electric griddle or 2-burner cast-iron griddle pan on medium-low heat. Melt 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter and drop teaspoons of the pancake batter onto the griddle.
6. When the pancakes start to lightly brown on the bottom and the tops start to lightly bubble, use a small offset spatula to flip them. Cook until the second sides are lightly browned and the pancakes are cooked through, about 2 minutes total.
7. Remove the pancakes to a baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes. Wipe the griddle with a paper towel, melt the remaining butter and cook the remaining pancakes, about 48 miniature pancakes total.
8. To assemble, spread 2 teaspoons of the reserved frosting on 2 of the pancakes (1 teaspoon on each pancake). Stack the pancakes on top of one another.
9. Top with another pancake and a dollop of frosting, and garnish with either berries, miniature chocolate chips or a combination of both. Repeat with the remaining pancakes, frosting and toppings.