Pancetta-wrapped Bayou La Batre prawns with Rikards Mill yellow corn grits and grilled heritage tomatoes
Add depth of flavour to an array of slow-cooked meals with Knorr Stock Pots. Available in a range of flavours, from Chicken to Beef and Vegetable to Herb Infusion, these stock pots are quick and easy to use, melting in minutes.
For the pancetta wrapped prawns: 1) To prepare the prawns, shell and devein, leaving the head on and reserving the shells for the prawn reduction.
2) Slice the pancetta, or ask your grocer to slice it for you, to the same thickness as slab bacon. Wrap the fleshy part of each prawn with the pancetta.
3) To cook the prawns, season the prawn with lemon pepper and saute over medium heat until the pancetta is golden brown and crisp. Deglaze the pan with Worcestershire sauce and reduce to coat the prawns. Reserve for serving.
For the grits: 1) Bring the milk, water and jalapenos to simmer over medium heat. Add the grits and butter; simmer until tender adding additional water if needed and stirring occasionally.
2) When grits are tender, add the mascarpone cheese and season with salt and pepper. Reserve warm for serving.
For the prawn reduction: 1) In a small saucepan sweat the shallots, corn cobs and prawn shells in the butter until orange. Add the tomato puree and caramelize.
2) Deglaze with sherry and reduce. Add prawn stock and simmer for 1/2 hour. Strain and reduce by 1/2. Combine the butter and flour to make the buerre manie and add to the prawn reduction. Reserve for serving.
For the garnish: 1) Fry the okra in oil at 180C until golden. Cook the heritage tomatoes on a griddle.
2) Place tomatoes and okra in the middle of the plate, spoon the grits on top of the okra and tomatoes, and arrange the prawns around the plate.
3) Sprinkle shaved fennel, fennel fronds and micro parsley on top of dish and serve.