2) To make the bread pudding: Lightly butter a 33 by 23 by 5-cm baking dish. Arrange the bread cubes in prepared dish.
3) In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, and sugar to blend. Pour the custard over the bread cubes, and press the bread cubes gently to submerge. Let stand for 30 minutes, occasionally pressing the bread cubes into the custard mixture. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
4) Preheat the oven to 180°C/ gas mark 4.
5) Bake until the pudding puffs and is set in the center, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly.
6) Spoon the bread pudding into bowls, drizzle with the warm cinnamon syrup, and serve.