Made this? How was it?
- 3 tbsp good olive oil
- 1 small French bread or boule, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and 1cm thick
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/2 red onion, cut in 1/2 and thinly
- 20 large basil leaves, coarsely
- 3 tbsp capers, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 120ml good olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
How to make Panzanella
1) Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Add the bread and salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned. Add more oil as needed.
2) In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onion, basil and capers. Add the bread cubes and season liberally with salt and pepper.
3) For the vinaigrette,all the ingredients together. Toss the salad with the vinaigrette and serve, or allow the salad to sit for about half an hour for the flavours to .