1. Leave butter out of the fridge to soften.
2. Soak the paper bark in water for at least 2 hours.
3. Gut, scale and fillet the whiting.
4. Grind the bush tomato into a powder and mix into the butter. Season with native pepper and salt.
5. Drain the paper bark.
6. Smear the butter mixture on the flesh side of one fillet then lay another fillet on top flesh side down. Lay the fillets into the paper bark.
7. Fold the paper bark over and use tooth pick to hold it in place. Repeat until you have four parcels.
8. To cook, place the parcels on a hot char-grill, the paper bark will burn lightly giving the fish a smoky flavor. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
9. To serve unwrap and add a little extra butter on the bark.
10. Banana leafs can be substituted for the bark and grated green tomato for bush tomato.