1. Bring chicken stock to a boil in a saucepan and then gradually whisk in the maize meal. Once it’s smooth, use the back of a wooden spoon to beat the pap against the sides of the pan until it comes together. Turn the heat to medium and cook with the lid on for 40 minutes, stirring once half way through.
2. Preheat the oven to 220°C and lightly grease a 23 cm round baking tin or pizza pan.
3. Tip the pap into the baking tin or pizza pan and flatten until smooth and it covers the pan evenly and perfectly, you can use the back of a spoon wrapped in cling film if the pap is sticky.
4. Bake for 10 minutes until the top forms a slight crust then transfer the pap pizza base to a flat baking sheet.
5. Smear tomato paste on the base of the papizza along with half the pesto. Spread out the mozzarella cheese, parma ham, spicy salami and onion evenly over the base. Drizzle the remaining pesto over and finish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
6. Remove from the oven and garnish with basil. Slice and serve warm.