1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5, and line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
2. Dry fry the Parma Ham squares for 1-2 minutes until crispy and set aside.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl and stir in the Parma Ham, crushed pepper, Parmesan, spinach and basil.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, beaten egg and melted butter and carefully fold into the dry mixture.
5. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Leave on a wire rack to cool.
6. Slice open the muffins and spread with goat's cheese. Add a few rocket leaves, sprinkle with black pepper and serve with a slice of delicious Parma Ham.
Cook’s Tip: Fold 1 tbsp of hot water into the mixture before spooning into muffin cases to kick-start the cooking process.