Serves: 4 big servings
1) Preheat oven to 180C/Gas4. Place a nonstick baking sheet in oven with a tin foil liner.
2) Heat 1.5cm oil in a large nonstick skillet or frying pan over medium to medium high heat.
3) Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Wash hands. Place flour in a shallow dish. Beat eggs with water in a second dish along side the flour. In a third dish, combine the breading ingredients. Coat chicken in flour, then egg, then bread and cheese mixture. To keep your hands clean, ask for plastic gloves at the butcher counter. To ease your clean up, try using disposable tin pie tins for the flour, egg and bread crumbs.
4) Cook chicken until deeply golden on each side, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet in preheated oven and finish off for another 5 minutes cooking time. Cook chicken 5 or 6 tenders at a time in a single layer, adding additional oil if necessary. If the chicken begins to brown too quickly lower heat slightly. Serve chicken hot or cold with green salad or, complete as a Parmigiano.
5) Set water on to boil for pasta and prepare according to package directions for al dente. Before coating chicken, add oil, onions and garlic to a saucepan to cook medium low heat. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes while you are working on the chicken. Add both cans of tomatoes and 250ml of chicken and bring sauce to a bubble. Reduce heat to a simmer until ready to serve. Stir in torn basil and season sauce with salt, to your taste.
6) Place a little of the sauce on the chicken tenders, top with the shredded provolone and Parmigiano. Place in oven or grill to melt the cheese and then serve. Coat the hot, cooked pasta lightly with sauce then serve.