1. Soften gelatine sheets in cold water.
2. Grate orange peel, being careful to avoid peeling the pith inside (it is possible to replace orange with lemon) and squeeze the orange juice (or lemon).
3. Put the white sugar, water, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, glucose, orange (or lemon) juice into the Thermomix appliance and blend them for 12 minutes at 70°C. First, you need to mix this fast and then you reduce the speed, then you increase the speed again (giving you a mousse).
4. Squeeze the gelatine and add it, speedily mix again.
5. Pour the mixture slowly (using a sieve) and let it cool down.
6. Put it into moulds of your choosing, and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, then sprinkle both icing sugar and grated orange peel. If you prefer, it is possible to put balsamic reduction instead of orange peel on the top.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Andrea Pesci from Osteria della Stazione di Felino
Image courtesy of John Holdship