Made this? How was it?
- 100g Parmigiano Reggiano, finely
- 50g plain flour
- 300ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs, separated
How to make Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese Soufflé
Don’t be put off making soufflés because you think they are difficult – on the contrary, they are easy to make. You just have to be ready to eat them!
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / fan oven 180°C / gas mark 6. Grease a 1.2 litre soufflé dish with, then add two tablespoons of the Parmigiano Reggiano, tilting the dish so that it coats the base and sides.
2. Put the remaininginto a saucepan with the flour and milk. Heat, stirring constantly with a small , until the mixture is thick and smooth. Cook for a few more seconds, stirring all the time. Remove from the heat and add the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano, stirring until melted. Season with a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper.
3. Stir the egg yolks into the cheese mixture.the egg whites in a large, clean bowl, using a hand-held electric mixer or , until they hold their shape. Fold them into the cheese mixture using a large metal spoon. Pour into the prepared dish.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until risen and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Cook’s tip: Make individual servings in small soufflé dishes, wrapping a collar of non-stick baking parchment around the dishes, secured with string, to add extra height.
Recipe Courtesy of Parmigiano Reggiano
- Cherry Tomato Tarts with Parmigiano...
- Parmigiano Reggiano, Pumpkin and Po...
- Parmigiano Reggiano and Butternut S...
- Gorgonzola and porcini mushroom ris...
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese and Aspa...
- Gorgonzola, Pear and Parma Ham Puff...
- Crustless Caprese Quiche
- Banana-rum souffle
- Parmigiano Reggiano Canapés with H...
- White Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
- Stuffed Chicken Breast with Feta an...
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Brown But...