1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Rub the duck legs in olive oil, season and place on a baking tray. Roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes until the meat is tender. Leave to cool slightly and reserve the duck fat. Take the meat off the duck bones and set aside.
2. Heat the reserved duck fat in a heavy-based saucepan and sweat the onion, garlic and celery until softened.
3. Stir through the tomato purée and herbs, and then add the wine, tomatoes and sugar. Bring to simmering point, stir through the duck meat and cook for 45 minutes to an hour until the sauce has reduced and the meat is tender. Season to taste.
4. Stir the pasta through the ragu along with 40g Parmigiano Reggiano.
5. Serve topped with extra Parmigiano Reggiano and thyme leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Parmigiano Reggiano