1) Place an oven rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5. Butter a 20cm square glass baking dish and set aside.
2) Place the tomatoes, capers, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in the prepared baking dish and toss to mix evenly. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the tomato mixture. Drizzle the top with olive oil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the top is golden. Cool for 5 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil over a high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain but reserve about 250ml of the pasta water.
4) Place the pasta in a large serving bowl and spoon the tomato mixture on top. Add the cheese and toss well. Thin out the tomato mixture with a little pasta water, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5) Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.