2) On a large heavy baking tray, toss all the vegetables with the oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs to coat.
3) Transfer half the mixture to another large heavy baking tray and arrange the vegetables evenly over both trays. Bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after the first 10 minutes, about 20 minutes total.
4) Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 250ml of the cooking liquid.
5) Add both vegetable mixes to the pasta in a large bowl and toss to combine. Mix in the cherry tomatoes and enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste.
6) Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve immediately.