1) Cook the pasta according to the directions on the packet.
2) Meanwhile, for the vegetable sauce heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan or skillet over a medium heat. Add the scallions and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
3) Add the carrots and broccoli and saute for 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
4) While the vegetables are cooking, make the saute mushrooms. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in another frying pan or skillet. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until tender. Stir in the thyme and cook 1 minute to heat through. Season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
5) To the vegetable sauce add 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper and stir to coat. Add the broth, tomatoes, mangetout and sauteed mushrooms to the sauce and bring to a simmer.
6) Drain the pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Pour the vegetable sauce over the cooked pasta and toss to combine. Top with olives and smoked mozzarella cheese just before serving.