2) Drain off any excess liquid, add the wine, and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the garlic, cinnamon, oregano, thyme, and cayenne, and continue cooking over medium heat for 5 minutes.
3) Add the tomatoes, 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside.
For the bechamel sauce:
1) Heat the milk and cream together in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until simmering.
2) In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly for 2 minutes. Pour the warm milk and cream mixture into the butter and flour mixture, whisking constantly.
3) Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until smooth and thick. Add the nutmeg, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp of pepper.
4) Stir in 75g of Parmesan cheese, 120ml of the tomato and meat sauce, and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the eggs and yoghurt and set aside.
For the pastitsio:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 4. Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Don't over-cook because the pasta will later be baked. Drain and set aside.
2) Add the pasta to the meat and tomato sauce, and pour the mixture into a baking dish. Spread the bechamel evenly to cover the pasta and sprinkle with the remaining 75g Parmesan cheese.
3) Bake for 1 hour, until golden brown and bubbly. Set aside for 10 minutes and serve hot.