Made this? How was it?
- 2 bags of shortbread biscuits
- 6-8 bananas,
- 500ml milk
- 1 (150g) box instant French vanilla pudding
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 400ml tinned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (350g) container frozen topping, thawed, or equal amount sweetened cream
How to make Paula Deen's 'it's not your mamma's' banana pudding ice cream
'It's not your mamma's' banana pudding:
1) Line the bottom of a 33-by-23-by-5cm deep dish with 1 bag of the shortbread biscuits and layer the bananas on top.
2) In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix andwell using a handheld electric mixer.
3) In another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk, and mix until smooth. Fold thecream into the cream cheese mixture.
4) Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the biscuits and bananas and cover with the remaining bag of biscuits.
5) Refrigerate the pudding until ready to serve.Ice cream topping:
1) Place a large scoop of 'It's not your mamma's' banana pudding in a sundae dish with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream.
2) You can mix in extrabananas, digestive biscuit pieces, marshmallows or cream cheese to taste.