For the cream mixture:
1) Beat the ingredients together with an electric mixer. Set aside until ready to use.
For the cake:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Grease a 33cm by 23 by 5cm deep cake tin.
2) Line the bottom of the greased pan with coconut flakes. Sprinkle pecans on top of the coconut. Set aside.
3) Follow the directions on the packet to prepare the cake mix. Beat for approximately 2 minutes, using an electric mixer. Fold in the bite-sized sweets and pour the mix into the cake tin.
4) Place evenly space dollops of the cream mixture on top of the cake. When the cake cooks, the cream will sink down to the bottom; this will be your volcano of flavor.
5) Cook the cake for 40 to 45 minutes, then remove from the oven. While cake is still hot spread the glaze evenly over the top.
For the glaze:
1) In a small saucepan, melt the butter over a medium-low heat. Whisk in the cocoa powder and add milk until you achieve a thin consistency. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk.
2) While bringing the butter and milk mixture to a boil, whisk in the icing sugar and almond essence. The glaze should be thin. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before using.