Made this? How was it?
For the cupcakes:
- 185g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200g sugar
- 4 tbsp , at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp peach extract
- 180ml buttermilk
- 300g peach puree
For the filling:
- 600g peach puree
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
For the mascarpone:
- 455g mascarpone cheese
- 310ml double cream
- 55g sugar
How to make Peaches 'n' Cream Cupcakes
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line theof a 12-cup cupcake tin with paper baking cases.
2) In a medium bowl,together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat the sugar and together using an electric mixer until it looks creamy. Beat in the egg, vanilla essence and peach extract until the mixture is smooth.
3) Add half the flour mixture to themixture and stir until almost combined. Add the buttermilk and peach puree and stir again until almost combined. Add the rest of the flour and stir until all the ingredients are mixed in.
4) Fill the paper cases with batter using a large ice cream scoop. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a cocktail stick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans. Place on a wire rack and cool completely.
5) To make the filling, place a small saucepan on the hob on a medium heat. Add the peach puree and sugar in and bring to slight boil. In a separate small bowl, mix the cornflour and 1 tbsp water until there are no lumps.
6) Add the cornflour mixture to the pan and keep on a medium-low heat for about 1 minute. Allow to cool completely before using to fill the cupcakes.
7) To make the, put the mascarpone, cream and sugar in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
8) Fill the cupcakes with the peach filling and then decorate with the mascarpone.
- Peach-berry shortcake cupcakes
- Spicy double dark chocolate cupcake...
- Chocolate port cupcakes
- Lemon blueberry cupcakes
- Gingerbread birdhouses
- Pumpkin biscuits with cream cheese....
- Rainbow cloud confetti cake
- Savarin cake with vanilla-Grand Mar...
- Peach bellini
- Almond shortbreads
- Tres leches coconut cupcakes with d...
- Lavender cakes