1. For the peanut butter ice cream, using a sugar thermometer, bring the sugar and 6 tablespoons of water to the softball stage (116°C), this is your sugar syrup.
2. While this is going on, whisk the egg yolks in a freestanding mixer or using an electric hand-held whisk, then carefully pour in the sugar syrup and continue whisking until it is totally cool. Stir in the peanut butter and fold in the whipped cream.
3. Pour the mixture into suitable moulds or a tray and freeze overnight. For the cookies, preheat the oven to 180°C.
4. Mix the peanut butter, butter and the light brown sugar together, beat until smooth. Add the egg and then fold in the flour, baking powder and raisins. Roll the mixture into small balls and bake on a non-stick baking sheet for around 20 minutes.
5. When they come out the oven they will be slightly soft in the middle, giving you a chewy, crunchy cookie. Leave them to cool on a cooling rack. Spoon a layer of ice cream onto the base of one cookie and sandwich another cookie on top.