Made this? How was it?
- 225g uncooked somen noodles
- 720ml reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and
- 450g medium prawns, peeled and deveined
- 40g dry roasted peanuts, coarsely
- 2 spring onions
- coriander leaves, for garnish, optional
How to make Peanutty somen noodles with prawns
1) Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package.
2) Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the chicken stock, soy sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil and hot sauce.until blended and then set the pan over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
3) Heat the peanut oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add the green pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
4) Add the prawns and saute for 2 minutes, then add 240ml of the peanut sauce sauce and simmer for a further 2 minutes, until the prawns are bright pink and cooked through.
5) Drain the noodles and add them to the prawn mixture. Toss to combine.
6) Transfer the noodle mixture to 4 individual plates and top each serving with peanuts, spring onions and coriander leaves, if desired.
Cook's Note: Reserve the remaining peanut sauce for additional meals such as Robin's steak salad with peanut-lime dressing, or Chicken satay with peanut dipping sauce.
- Griddled prawns with coconut curry....
- Szechuan noodles
- Coconut prawns with curried tomato,...
- Wok tossed eel with tumeric and gla...
- Sesame Noodles with Chicken
- Hong Kong style noodles with chicke...
- Griddled prawns with grapefruit bbq...
- Artichoke puree with crispy prawns....
- 'Dragon Prawn' noodles
- Hoisin pork with spiced plums and s...
- Prawn cakes with grain mustard remo...
- Teppenyaki scallops