2) Peel, halve and core the pears. In a large bowl, toss pears with lemon juice to prevent oxidisation.
3) Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat, let cook until butter begins to brown. Add sage to butter, and allow it to caramelise. Add brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Add pears to mixture, and roll them around to coat thoroughly.
4) Cook pears in frying pan, stirring occasionally, until pears are light brown, about 15 minutes.
5) Puree pears and brown butter mixture in a blender until smooth.
6) Pour into room temperature soup plates and serve with blue cheese bruschetta. If preparing ahead of time, refrigerate and reheat slightly before serving.
For the blue cheese bruschetta: 1) Preheat grill.
2) Slice loaf into finger-wide slices. Cover each slice with butter, then top with blue cheese.
3) Place bread on baking tray and grill, with the door open, until the cheese begins to melt, about 30 seconds.