2) Meanwhile, make the spiced simple syrup by combining all the ingredients in a small pan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3) Strain the spiced simple syrup into a glass jar and discard the cloves and cinnamon. The syrup will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
4) Strain the tapioca pearls and then add them to a container. Add enough spiced simple syrup to cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the pearl tea:
1) Bring the remaining 2L of water to a boil over a medium heat. Add the tea bags, allow to steep for 7 mins and then remove. Allow the tea to cool.
2) When ready to serve, divide the tapioca pearls and the spiced simple syrup between the glasses. Add 60ml single cream to each glass.
3) Fill the glasses with ice and top up with the tea. Serve with a wide barrel straw to get the pearls.