2) Spread some flour on a piece of waxed paper and place the dough on it. Sprinkle some more flour on top of the dough and proceed to roll out the dough until desired thickness, about 0.25cm thick. Fold the dough over once to make a half moon and again to make it a quarter moon.
3) Remove the dough from the waxed paper and place into a (23cm) pie dish. Unfold the dough so that it covers the entire dish and press gently into the shape. Using a fork, crimp the edges of the dough along the edge of the dish and cut away excess dough with a paring knife. Set the pie shell aside.
For the filling and assembly:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. In a bowl, combine the golden syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs. Mix with a whisk until well incorporated.
2) Place the pecans in the pie shell and pour mixture over the nuts. Be careful not to overflow the shell.
3) Bake the pie for 45 minutes - it should be firm and golden brown. Let the pie cool before garnishing with whipped cream, nuts and mint.