1. Cut the aubergine into sticks.
2. Clean the prawns and cut them in half lengthwise, removing the black wire.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a teflon pan with the crushed cloves of garlic.
4. Add the aubergine and cook on a medium heat. Do not overcook. The texture of the aubergine has to remain thick.
5. Add the prawns, sauté together for few seconds, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
6. Boil the Penne Rigate in plenty of boiling water. We recommend using 1 litre of water for every 100g of pasta.
7. Drain the pasta al dente and toss in the pan with the sauce.
8. Sprinkle with basil or fresh oregano leaves torn into pieces, drizzle with a little of the extra virgin olive oil and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Barilla®