1. Peel and slice the onion and 1 clove of garlic. Wash and remove the white membrane and seeds from inside the red peppers, then cut them into chunks.
2. In a pan, fry gently the onion with 2 tbs of olive oil. Add the peppers and chilli and cook until the peppers are tender, adding a little boiling water if necessary.
3. Put in a mixer and whizz well, until the mixture is quite smooth.
4. Add the ricotta, season with salt and set aside.
5. Boil the penne rigate in plenty of boiling water. We recommend using 1 litre of water for every 100g of pasta.
6. In the meantime cut the red snapper fillets into chunks. Cook for a few seconds in a pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil, the other clove of garlic, peeled and left whole, and the thyme.
7. Remove the garlic and set aside.
8. Drain the pasta al dente and toss in the pan with the creamy pepper sauce.
9. Add a little of the cooking water if necessary, in order to better toss and stir the pasta.
10. Add the red snapper cubes, sprinkle with thyme and serve.