Made this? How was it?
- 450g whole wheat or multi grain penne
- 3 garlic cloves
- 50g goat cheese
- 25g reduced fat cream cheese
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 175g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp freshly Parmesan
How to make Penne with spinach sauce
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the penne and cook until it is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
2) Mince the garlic in a food processor. Add the goat cheese, cream cheese, 3/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper and half of the spinach leaves.until the mixture is smooth and creamy; set aside.
3) Meanwhile, place the remaining spinach leaves in a large bowl. Drain the pasta, reserving 1of the cooking liquid. Spoon the pasta atop the spinach leaves in the bowl.
4) Scrape the cheese and spinach mixture over the pasta mixture and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the Parmesan over and serve.