- 15¾ oz (450g) penne pasta
- 2.1 fl oz (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 15¾ oz (450g) treviso or radicchio,
- 3 oz (85g) packed baby spinach
- 4.4 fl oz (125 ml) low-sodium chicken stock
- 2.1 fl oz (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- 12 oz (340g) parmesan cheese,
- 12 oz (340g) goat's cheese, crumbled
- 4 oz (110g) basil leaves, torn
How to make Penne with Treviso and Goat's Cheese
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 250ml of the pasta water.
2) In a 30cm frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and golden, about 1 minute. Remove the garlic and discard.
3) Add the treviso, spinach, chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, 1 tbsp of salt, and red chilli flakes. Cook until the treviso and spinach are wilted, about 6 to 8 minutes.
4) Add the pasta and parmesan. Toss well and thin out the sauce with a little pasta water, if needed. Season with salt, to taste.
5) Transfer the penne to serving bowls. Top each portion with the crumbled goat's cheese and garnish with basil before serving. Serve hot or as a salad.