- 4 portabella mushroom
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 75 g plain flour
- 1 eggs
- 5 tablespoons skim milk
- 400 g sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons peppercorn
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
How to make Peppered Steaks With Mushroom Yorkshires
- Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Place a mushroom, stalk-side up, in each hole of a 4-hole non-stick Yorkshire pudding tin. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle a tiny spot of oil over each. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre and beat in the egg, milk and two tablespoons of water to make a smooth batter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lift out the mushrooms from the tin, pour in the batter so it comes halfway up each mould, then carefully return each mushroom so it is surrounded by batter. Return to the oven for 20 minutes until risen and dark golden.
- Preheat a heavy griddle pan or non-stick frying pan. Season the steaks with salt and spread lightly with mustard. Sprinkle over the peppercorns, pressing them well into the steaks. When the Yorkshires are nearly ready, cook the steaks for 3 minutes or so
- Serve each steak and a Yorkshire pudding with mashed potatoes and gravy.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Individual Yorkshire puddings with....
- Yorkshire Puddings
- Roast lamb and Yorkshire pudding
- Yorkshire puddings
- Rare Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puddi...
- Griddled Steak with Wild Mushrooms
- Classic Cowboy Steak with Mushrooms...
- Balsamic-Marinated Steak and Unstuf...
- Fillet Steak With Mushrooms
- Philly Cheese Steak Pasty
- Chicken, mushroom and bacon pie
- Stuffed mushrooms