Age Restricted Content
More Recipes You May Like
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 small onion,
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- One 28-ounce can tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 to 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 pound pizza dough, divided into 4 balls
- 2 shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 12 ounces pepperoni, thinly
- Parmesan, to taste
How to make Pepperoni Pizza Pocket
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Heat the olive oil in a small saucepot over medium-low heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add in the tomato paste and saute for 1 more minute. Stir in thetomatoes, sugar and season with salt and pepper. Add the torn basil leaves and bring to a slow simmer. Allow to simmer for about 15 minutes while you make your pizza pocket.
Roll out the dough balls on a lightly floured surface into 4 equal rounds. On half of each round, layer some mozzarella, and then some pepperoni. Fold in half, covering the filling, and then fold the outer edges up and crimp the edges with your fingers to seal. Place the pockets on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with the sauce on the side.