For the hollandaise:
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and skim away any white solids from the surface.
2. Now keep the butter warm.
3. Whisk the egg yolks along with the lemon juice over a bowl of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
4. Whisk for a few minutes until the yolks form a ribbon like consistency.
5. Add the salt, white pepper and seasoning.
6. Pour in the melted butter in a very slow steady stream until all the butter has emulsified into the egg yolks.
7. If the sauce becomes too thick add a splash of water.
8. Keep warm until required.
For the asparagus:
1. Trim the woody ends off the asparagus. If they are too thick, peel them lightly with a vegetable peeler.
2. Submerge in lightly salted boiling water and cook until just tender.
3. Bring 450ml of water to a simmer.
4. Add ¼ tsp salt, then crack an egg into the water.
5. Gently baste the warm water over the eggs and cook to your liking. Serve with asparagus and the hollandaise sauce.