Add depth of flavour to an array of slow-cooked meals with Knorr Stock Pots. Available in a range of flavours, from Chicken to Beef and Vegetable to Herb Infusion, these stock pots are quick and easy to use, melting in minutes.
1) In a large pot of boiling water, cook the ham hock for 90 minutes.
2) Add the carrots (whole), a bulb of garlic, a whole onion and some parsley stalks.
3) Add a whole pheasant to the pot, creating a ham and pheasant stock. Cook gently for 1 hour.
4) Leave the pot on the heat and remove the meat and vegetables.
5) Place the meat (both ham and pheasant) onto a separate plate, allowing it to cool, and shred it into pieces.
6) In a separate pot, make a roux, melting the butter and adding the flour, mixing the two together until it forms together.
7) Add spoonfuls at a time of the hot stock and the roux will begin to thicken. Add a few more spoonfuls of stock to the roux.
8) Add the wine, chopped carrots, chopped parsley, boiled onion and garlic (both chopped in large chunks) to the roux. Gently cook for 40-60 minutes.
9) Remove from heat and pour into a non-reactive bowl and allow it to cool.
10) Add the shot of double cream, stirring it through the mixture.
11) Preheat the oven to 180C.
12) Roll out some rough puff pastry (1cm thick) (see additional recipe) and cut into circles large enough to fit over the ramekins.
13) Fill the pie pots with the mixture and place 3 button mushrooms on top of each mixture.
14) Add a strip of pastry and run it around the lip of the pie, helping the lid of the pie to stick down. Take a disk of rough puff pastry and lay it over the top of the pie. Pinch it around the edges to stick it together and brush the top with some egg wash.
15) Serve on a plate in the ramekin with some salad on the side.