2) Remove from the oven, transfer the ingredients into a large saucepan and add 4L of cool water. Bring to a simmer and then add the coriander, basil, and jalapenos and simmer for 20 minutes.
3) Remove from the heat and strain the base into a bowl. Stir in the sambal, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt, to taste. Divide between the 8 soup bowls.
For the spicy vinaigrette:
1) Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together.
1) Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7. Toss the chosen vegetables with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper on a large baking tray.
2) Roast the vegetables for 40 minutes, until browned, turning once with a spatula.
1) Toss the desired medley of roasted vegetables with the spicy vinaigrette and serve a spoonful on top of each bowl of soup. Garnish with a fresh piece of lime.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.