- 10 fluid ounces radish
- 2 ounces salt
- 2 dried chilli
- 10 fluid ounces white wine vinegar
How to make Pickled Radish Pods
- Pick the pods on a dry day, sort through them and discard any that are blemished or hard.
- Make up a brine with salt and 1 pint water and plunge the pods into it while still hot. If they look bright green they are ready for pickling. If not, strain them off, re-boil the brine and repeat the process.
- Strain off the brine and wash the pods under cold water to get rid of excess salt.
- Drain well and pack into clean, sterilised jars with the dried chillis.
- Heat up the vinegar and boil for 5 mins, then cool.
- Pour over the pods, seal and store for a couple of months.
(Courtesy of Food.com)