Serves: 16 rolls
1) Preheat oven to 220C/Gas Mark 7.
2) Whisk the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, and sugar together in bowl. Rub in 30g of butter until absorbed, and then rub in the remaining butter until mixture resembles coarse sand.
3) Whisk the milk and sour cream in a liquid measuring jug; stir the sour cream and milk into the dry ingredients. Alternatively, make the pastry using a food processor with a dough blade fitted inside.
4) Turn the dough out of the bowl and knead very lightly and flatten into a square. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 24 x 30cm rectangle. Trim dough's rough edges with a pizza cutter or a knife, and then cut it in half lengthwise to make 2 rectangles. Lay 3 sausage links end to end, lengthwise, down the center of each piece of dough. Fold the dough over the sausages into long rolls with overlapping dough on the bottom. Slice each roll crosswise into 8 (3 3/4cm) pieces.
5) Transfer rolls to a baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Serve warm with honey mustard.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.