1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Combine all of the ingredients for the mix of awesomeness in a bowl. Using a sharp knife, remove the chicken wing tips, then stretch out the wings and cut the skin in the middle, then crack the joint and open them out flat.
3. Rub 4 tbsp of the mix of awesomeness all over the wings (save the rest for another day), then place in the oven for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, make the piri piri sauce. Stick all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
4. When the 20 minutes is up on the chicken wings, put the sauce over them and cook for a further 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook them on a barbecue over indirect heat for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden and cooked through, brushing the sauce over the chicken when there's 10 minutes to go.
5. For the jalapeno party poppers, mix the filling together and stuff it into the jalapenos and wrap each of them in a rasher of bacon.
6. Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes or on the barbecue until gooey and slightly charred.