1) In a large bowl stir together 75ml water, yeast, and sugar and let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
2) Stir in remaining 75ml water, 2 tbsps oil, 260g plain flour, cornmeal, and salt and blend until the mixture forms a dough. Knead dough on a plain floured surface, incorporating as much of remaining 40g plain flour, as necessary, to prevent dough from sticking, until smooth about 5 to 10 minutes. Form the dough into a ball.
3) Lightly oil the sides and bottom of a large bowl with oil, add the dough, turn to coat in the oil, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
4) Gently punch the dough down and divide into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece on a lightly plain floured surface into a 25cm circle that is 0.3cm thick. Brush off excess plain flour and transfer the dough to a baking tray, cover each circle of dough with cling film and continue stacking rolled out pieces on top of each other.
5) Wrap well with cling film and refrigerate until ready to griddle.